- The Hotel was alright, but literally EVERYTHING cost extra. Because internet was $10/day on the room bill, I am just now getting connected again.
- I hacked into a Marina's internet from across the harbor but it was giving me <1kbps external connections. Poopy.
- Got up at 5:30 and went to the convention center to get my badge. Because of my impeccable timing ability, we were close to the front; while the remainder of the line snaked around the building TWICE as people arrived.
- Discovered that fast food in Baltimore is now $10 a meal, for a few sandwiches and a drink. Was not amused.
- Walked around more, hit up the dealers room for swag.
- Ended up going to the Hentai Panel. It was a lot less 'erotic' as much as sexual, but definitely worth the hilarity. xD
I really wasn't tired friday night, so ended up walking around the hotel for awhile. Eventually I ended up walking Leo back to the bus stop to his hotel. We then found out on the way that the bus only ran once every HOUR, so he was better off staying at our hotel because Baltimore is shady and ghetto. I was pretty hungry by now (Hadn't eaten for like 16 hours) so we ended up looking for somewhere that was open. A guy in my Hotel earlier suggested this place called "Captain Jacks"; some seafood place not that far away. I checked this on my Phone and it was like .75 miles, so we decided to walk it.
Through the most ghetto section of Baltimore.
At 4:30 AM.
"Thank you for making the store very fresh" - Leo
While on the way we found an All-Night CVS, and hit it up. Inside we found one of the cashiers spraying air freshener in every aisle. When she finally finished and we were able to buy some stuff we grabbed, apparently this homeless who smelled like ASS was in there just 5 minutes before, and she was trying to get rid of it. But as we left he decided to come BACK, much to the displeasure of the cashier. xD
So after walking like 50 miles through the ghetto of Baltimore we finally get to the place known as "Captain Jacks" (Actually I think it was Captain James, but fuck that I'm calling it Captain Jacks), and some black dude with a girl was there. I dunno if it was his girlfriend or just some hooker he picked up; but they were eating soup. Not long later the chick decides to spill some of her soup on the floor (She still had like 3/4 of her soup left) and basically orders her homeboy to bitch until she gets more soup. The guy at the counter is all like "uhh we can't do that", and this goes on for like 15 minutes. Eventually they just get up and leave, but not before coming back THREE MORE times, to complain even more.
Eventually we were able to order some food and leave, but the cashier, an Arab guy about my age, was pretty cool. Apparently he normally doesn't work the night shift, and the normal guy called in sick. He gave us our drinks for free, so we probably were the only pleasant people he met that entire night.
- Saw real, live, Baltimore Sewer Rats. they're about 10 inches long, and a kind of black-grey with white speckles. Maybe 1d6 damage, 15hp?
- Walked around even more Saturday.
- Voracious numbers of furries did descend upon Otakon, for no verifiable reason.
- Went to a Video Game Design workshop, and it SUCKED. It started out as programming in C++, but then degraded into this crappy flash based game design workshop. Gay. And the guy running the workshop? About as charismatic as a rock, making programmers look even more anti-social then they already are. Which is a HARD, HARD thing to do.
- Ate dinner at this place which was like $30 a person. Phillip's Seafood Buffet has stunningly AMAZING food, but srsly 30$ each? wtf .:\
- Finally checked out the Artist's Alley. The 18+ section was disappointing, with me finding more racy art in the normal convention area then inside the special 'adult' section.
- Went and saw some movie panels with 7-10 friends. Much hilarity did ensue.
Blood, Gore + Sex: The Movie
< Putting Link Here soon as it's uploaded >
- Picked up a airsoft gun from a vendor, at a very nice price. They were sold out of "Otakon 2008" shirts though =(
I think that's about it, I'll probably edit this up over the next day or so; so consider this post a rough draft =P